xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:og="http://ogp.me/ns#" Goes the Distance: What really matters.....

Monday, June 15, 2009

What really matters.....

Been months since my semester wound up...
Was'nt the best....but I learnt a great deal.
Made loads of cash.....by sweat,luck and gallons of coffee.
But my academics went downhill !!!
Hard to keep things in balance when you're in the race...
All of my life I've been a pretty lazy guy and was used to getting what I wanted too easily.
I never cared to put an effort into things and never valued them enough.
There are things that I have learnt in the past few months that I know will stay with me for a life time......

I've always felt that money and position were all that really mattered ..
and although I feel that they still matter a lot I realised that they are only the "shine of the jewel "and not the "jewel" itself....what really matters is being happy with who you are and what you are doing with yourself and the people you care about.....

Now when I see things.....friends, family and everything else around me...I feel that I may or may not be able to change things...but what I know for certain is that I can do my part and be glad that I did what I could.....

I am and always will be an ambitious guy who will do what it takes to make my place this world....but it takes more than just ambition to be happy in life...it's the the ongoing pursuit that really adds value to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment